Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Here's to 2014


It's finally the day of the year where I'd spend moments going through my blog archives while reminiscing about events that happened during the year. The year of 2013 has been undoubtedly hectic - Which the big As and such, I haven't really had much 'fun' times for myself.

I always thought it's good practice to sit down and think back on what I've achieved over the year. It lets me relax my mind from all that I'm worrying about for the future, and instead focus more on appreciating the past. Furthermore, thinking back sometimes cause me to chide and laugh at myself, for so many things - for holding grudges, for burdening someone, for acting like a child, for holding on to something that may eventually disappear - and I always come back round asking myself this question, 'Is it worth it?'

Honestly speaking, I never knew what was the proper definition of doing something that is actually 'worth it'. Really, such terms daunt me the most because they're just so subjective and ambiguous. Is doing a tutor's assignments worth it when she hardly ever checks them? Is going all out for a friend worth it when he/she never bothers reciprocating? Is holding on worth it when you can't even see what's gonna happen in near future?

Every year I go through the same practice and end up with the same conclusion. I guess some questions will never have correct answers to them, ever. That's just the beauty in paradoxical situations. 


Anyhow since I haven't have much to sing about this year I'll just share some pictures that were taken along the way :)

Finally my own pair of Dr Martens in Cherry Red from the lastest Hong Kong trip!

Got featured in the Straits Times on the cover page of HOME

Took part in first ever Nuffnang x Nikon blogging contest

A for Project Work (yay), thanks to the help of my favourite group mates ever

Attained Certificate of Achievement for Guitar Ensemble SYF Central Judging 2013

Remember my first ever blogging contest that I took part in? Yeah I received the consolation award!

Plucked up my courage and went forth to donate blood on the eve of my birthday! 

I have to mention something about blood donation.... Contrary to popular misconception, donating blood is not painful at all!!! Considering it coming from someone whose threshold for pain is like negative, donating blood is really pretty much painless. And it can save lives!!! Real human lives!! How cool is that?!?!?! 

At the end of the day I got this warm fuzzy feeling in me (like flowers blossoming), for something which I've given to society can actually go a long way in benefiting it. And that I feel glad, in fact comforted, knowing that more lives can be saved with just a good thirty minutes and simple gesture of mine :)

Received the most amazing birthday card by my classmates who trawled through god knows how many magazine just to find cut outs of my favourite celebrities. Thank you guys so much :') 

No longer a brace-face!!! I feel much better about myself now, with straight teeth!

Permed my hair after the end of As - Kinda missing my long straight hair now :'(

And the finishing cherry of the cake.... The most amazing holiday ever to Europe!!!!!

I have so much to share with you guys on Europe and I'm super stoked about it!!!!!! 


There. While I'm typing this I have a small smile on my face that crept up unknowingly. This is the thing I love about pictures and accompanying that would be this little online journal of mine, that has loyally kept four full years of memories for me. Just for that I feel more than spurred and geared up to blog about both the big and little happenings of my life. 

As for new year's resolutions.... I believe I've already mentioned them in my previous entry and that's to live every single day fruitfully. Why not try new year's wishes? That way I won't feel so bad if they're not granted. For starters it'll be to get presentable grades for my As. (I know, I'm realistic like that) Maybe following that would be to at least fall in love? Yeah talk about schizophrenia, got that right babe.   

And what could be made of the new year without showing gratitude? 

With so much love, thank you, my most beloved family who are more than willing to accept my flaws and incompetence and still love me unconditionally, generously and overwhelmingly.

Thank you, my friends, who are always there for me. Be it studying together, eating together, bitching together, crying together, stalking each other's tumblrs together........ I love you all you insane bunch of kittens.

Thank you, to all of you who are reading this - Nothing pleases me more than knowing that there are anonymous individuals out there following my blog, and this simple gesture of yours is enough support for me to keep writing on, for myself and for all of you.

Thank you, to myself, for being able to live through another year without regrets. But instead with love, with gratitude and with determination. 

As the clock strikes midnight,

Have a wonderful and most amazing 2014 ever.
Chels x