Sunday, February 12, 2017

Beauty Keeper / Taiwan's Most Innovative Beauty Products

If there's anything that you should know about me, is that I love skincare, and I don't discriminate. Western, Korean, Japanese, and even Taiwanese (admittedly my least used), I am game to try anything, as long as it promises me soft, supple and kissable skin.

Asian skincare products are my most used, well, firstly because I'm Asian myself and these products are likely to be formulated to work best on #teamazn. Current favs are Hada Labo (been using this shiz since forever and it has never failed me) and Laneige, a relatively recent obsession. Shame on me, though, for not using much Taiwanese products though, and I will fully confess that the reason is because I honestly do not know what are the best ones out there.

I mean, if you're gonna spend moolah on it, you'd want to go for something that's already been tried and tested, right? I know places like SaSa has tons of imported Taiwanese products but you're never really sure which are the best ones unless a trusted (and I emphasise trusted) beauty influencer recommends or you get to pick from sites that actually curates the best of the best.

And that's exactly what Beauty Keeper Taiwan does. They curate some of the most innovative Taiwanese beauty products in the market for consumers who are looking for smart beauty and skincare.

I have with me today, a selection of skincare of products that was most kindly sent to me by SampleStore and I'm thrilled to finally get my hands on some of the best Taiwanese skincare. I've tried a couple of items for a few days now and have mostly not been disappointed.



From top left, clockwise:
1. Ethel AHASource of Citric Acid Tablet
2. Sevynal Brightening and Firming Repair Mask
3. VitaLab Perfecting Revitalising Elixir
4. Jandan Rose Facial Essence

Let's get right into it:-

Jandan Rose Facial Essence




If it's one thing that I'm particularly impressed about this toner water is the subtle rose fragrance that comes with it. Now I don't really care for scents, especially when it comes down to skincare because they kinda irritate me. Especially lavender scents.

This one, however, smells really fresh — almost like a fresh bouquet of roses. It's quite soothing I must say. The toner itself performed well too, it is lightweight and got absorbed quickly into my skin.  Skin felt hydrated and refreshed after. There was no sticky feeling after patting the liquid in, which is always a plus point.



As its name suggests (Jan Dan meaning 'simple' in Mandarin), the toner is packed with natural ingredients — a whole 46% of it in fact, and the remaining 54% being water. Use it in your daily skincare regime for brighter skin, or as a light moisturiser for days when not much makeup is needed.


VitaLab Perfecting Revitalising Elixir 



Okay, those of you who still have that common misconception by thinking that products that promise to "reduce fine lines" are only for middle aged women, throw that thought out now. Not having fine lines does not mean that we can't use such products; in fact religious application only serves to protect the skin longer against wrinkles. Nobody says no to that, right?



The cream felt very much like any other creme products. It was relatively light, and did not have any particular scent to it. It did, however, took some time before being fully absorbed into my skin. But that might be due to the heavier consistency of the product, and also the fact that only a small amount is needed to be used on problem areas.


Sevynal Brightening and Firming Repair Mask


I love sheet masks!!! And I am willing to try absolutely any kind of masks, from firming to moisturising. This one from Sevynal is made from ingredients that are environmentally friendly, so brownie points for that. The sheet itself is made of 100% cotton, so the mask better holds to the good stuff, and the material is supposedly made for better adherence to your face.



There weren't any instructions as to how long was I supposed to leave the mask on, so I went ahead with the usual 15-20 minutes routine. My greatest peeve with this mask was that it refused to be stuck to my face. Was it perhaps of the wholly cotton claim that made the mask less soft and flimsy to the touch? The ends of the mask kept flipping off my skin and the lower half of the mask was just way too big for my face. It wasn't a good experience and I sat through the duration constantly tugging at it to ensure that it adheres to the curve of my chin.

My skin did look brighter, though the firming effect did leave something to be desired. I was kinda expecting the mask to have some sort of moisturising effect, as per most masks, and that did happen — but it went away quickly. I still had to go ahead with my usual amount of moisturiser (usually I use a lil lesser after a good mask) to keep my face hydrated.


Ethel AHASource of Citric Acid Tablet




Haven't got down to trying this one yet, but it sure does look interesting. I've never had skin supplements before so a part of me is feeling kinda sketchy about this, but you never know if you don't try, right? The exfoliators that I use, from BeautyBiotics has AHA in it so I guessing that this is great for the generation of new skin cells (because you can't rid of dead skin by having tablets right...?)

The tabs are water soluble, but I'm not sure what do they taste like. Perhaps lemon? Anyhow, my choice would be to mix them into a fruit smoothie that you can sip on while watching Netflix. Three to five tablets per serving!

-

Now that I took my first step into Taiwanese beauty, I'm more confident to purchase even more brands. Apparently there are some bombass sheet masks from Taiwan so you can be sure that I'll be stocking up on those. My favourite from the bunch would be the Jan Dan Rose Facial Essence, which I'll be testing out more to see if it could rival my beloved Hada Labo.

Interested folks, do have a peek at beauty-keeper.com and you might just end up snagging some Taiwanese beauty goodies!

This entry is brought to you by Beauty Keeper, in collaboration with SampleStore.

Much love,
Chels x